Monday, January 30, 2012

Off to Russia... What?

It does seem a little random since I've never mentioned the possibility of going.

It's a Music and Missionary Journey

Calvary Chapel Church Planting Missions is hosting a women's conference in Moscow of which I am able to be a part of this year. This is a trip women from all over the country take every year to serve our Christian sisters and orphans, and I would dare to say widows. God cares so much for the orphans and the widows so much so that he stresses how important it is to care for them.

Speaking at the Conference
I have the great joy of speaking at one of the workshops. It is very special to share how God is working in our lives and teaching us so much and have the opportunity to share from His Word how He has walked us through so much and how we practically do that.

Orphans & a Concert
So pumped that we get to do a concert at the orphanage for ages 10-18. My greatest hope and prayer is that these children know how important and loved they are by God who created them and that they understand their worth and importance to Him and us, as people who follow Jesus.
-----
This is just an overview of the trip. So I'm keeping track of the details from now on.

What brought me to Russia? Simply Jesus. I have been asking for Him to send me whenever and wherever and yet, there were steps I wasn't taking that would prepare me to go.

It wasn't until I we're obedient that every step becomes a jump which becomes a leap across a giant canyon which becomes a larger-than-life adventure for which we hope and trust only Jesus for the outcome.

I'll post more as I experience more.
Thus far, we left New York six hours late after we arrived from LA which gave us an opportunity to sit around in a circle of 28 or so women, share a scripture that confirmed why each of us were to come on this trip, and just had a moment to bond. It was sweet.

Mine Bible verse is:
(Titus 3:4-8 NLT)But—"When God our Savior revealed his kindness and love, he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit. He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior. Because of his grace he declared us righteous and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life." This is a trustworthy saying, and I want you to insist on these teachings so that all who trust in God will devote themselves to doing good. These teachings are good and beneficial for everyone.

No comments: