Saturday, September 10, 2011

Releasing a CD is easier than producing it? Uh, yeah, NO!

I've been in deep preparing for Five O'Clock CD release.

website content and going back and forth with that
messages to friends and supporters of DA music and me
blogs (hi, there) :)
marketing help
social website news
accounting
sales prep
scheduling opportunities to share the music
spending hours upon hours researching
meetings
traveling
praying for God's guidance and my surrender
AND so many other miscellaneous things!




Why go through all this? To garner personal attention? Lord, no. It's too much work.

But I have something to say in a song that was spoken to me in my walk with God-- through life, experiences, trials, and joys and I can't help but want others to experience the peace, help, and joy I experienced in writing the songs... then it is all worth it. If you're a songwriter or artist, you understand what I am saying. These songs are REAL, GENUINE lessons learned, tears cried, depression conquered (that's a constant battle on some days, but the battle is already always won), joy awakened --- all put to lyrics and melody. The hours and weeks - heart and soul poured out as God healed me, taught me, disciplined me, comforted me -- through the songs while allowing me... and yes, now YOU, to know that I can, I should, I MUST trust Him NO MATTER WHAT the circumstance is.

As long as we are not stumbling into trouble purposely and carelessly --- we can trust that good and bad circumstances are for (as James 1 says) testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.


We should consider whatever we walk through in this life (trial or joy) AS A JOY.

He wants us to RISE and awaken to the LIFE He has for us.

So, this is why I am working so hard to get this CD and the message of it out. Not everyone will like the style of music or the sound of my voice, but my prayer is that the message resonates with ears that long to hear, and eyes that long to see. If you hear HIS voice today, soften your hearts, and HEAR!

You can hear FIVE O'CLOCK the TITLE TRACK RIGHT NOW on my FACEBOOK Music Page

No comments: